- 1 bag salad greens, of choice
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 can mandarine oranges, drained
- about 1 cup dried cranberries
- about 1 cup roasted walnuts
- 2 seasoned (your choice) and cooked chicken breasts, cooled
- salad dressing (your choice, I used an asian ginger and sesame)
- Divide the bag of greens among two dinner plates.
- Top greens with avocado, mango, oranges, cranberries, walnuts and chicken.
- Add dressing and serve!
“What is more refreshing than salads when your appetite seems to have deserted you, or even after a capacious dinner - the nice, fresh, green, and crisp salad, full of life and health, which seems to invigorate the palate and dispose the masticating powers to a much larger duration.”
Alexis Soyer 19th century French chef.