- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I omitted this)
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5-inch) loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, mix zucchini, carrots, sugar, oil and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in remaining bread ingredients. Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 8-inch loaves 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Original recipe along with a recipe for honey spread can be found here.