My favorite pizza is a homemade pizza... I am in complete control over my toppings. I was never a huge fan of pizza's growing up... but when new innovative pizza's started showing up, I got more interested! I remember pineapple being the first "exotic" topping I came across. I was crazy for pineapple then! But the first time I tasted barbecue sauce on pizza, I fell in love! I rarely use the standard tomato sauce anymore. Here's the recipe...
- 1 prepared pizza crust (whole wheat makes it healthier ;)
- approximately 1 cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy is awesome)
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 8 ounce pineapple chunks, sliced thin
- 1 chicken breast, sliced and cooked (I used Mrs. Dash's Southwest Chipotle to season)
- approximately 1 - 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Asiago, and I went light)