Pancakes

I haven't posted in awhile, and I haven't been regular at all...after moving and having no internet access at home, I don't find much time to post, but I have a back log of recipes, dishes, and pictures waiting to be posted....

The other day I was over at my mom's and she made some of the best pancakes I ever tasted...so I asked her how she made them and she said it was from the box, but she had tweaked it a little bit. She added an extra egg, and thinned the batter out, then fried it in a shallow bit of oil and butter. They were so thin and crispy and dense, now I am going to pick up a box of pancake mix and try these for myself.

11 comments:

Namratha said...

Yes my dear, I've been wondering where you've been!!! :) The pancake looks delicious, syrup all over....mmmmmmmmmm! Do post the recipe when u get a chance.

Swati: Sugarcraft India said...

Hi Meeso,

A lovely pancake ..looks yum!!
See ya soon :)

maimoona said...

Hello messo!
waiting for a new post from Humble kitchen.

Happy cook said...

Hi hi no ibterbet that is bad ;)))
I would go nuts....

meeso said...

~ Namratha, I hope to be posting more regularly once I am more settled in...Thanks for commenting :)

~ Swati & Maimoona, Thank you both for stopping by :)

~ Happy cook, It is a little weird having no internet access at home but I have been spending much less time on the computer which is probably a good thing :D

Mona said...

Pancakes are my fav breakfast food! I also sometimes alter the ready made pancake mix, a lil bit here and there, and try them out. I'll try these dear, ur mom's trick, thnx for sharing!

www.zaiqa.net

Passionate baker...& beyond said...

Missed you Meeso...was wondering where you were! These do look great, & with Mom's love, couldn't have been better! YUMM!!

meeso said...

~ Mona, I really like pancakes too but I don't eat them very often...might be why I enjoy them so much when I do :)

~ Vindee, Thanks for commenting :) Everything, even simple pancakes, do taste better when made by mom! I am hoping to be more regular but having no internet access at home is a huge pain.

SpicyTasty said...

The pancake looks so yummy. Its my fav breakfast food. I used to make pancakes from Box,but never get this kind of thin layer. Next time I'll try your tips.

ANJALI J. said...

pancake looks delicious meeso

meeso said...

~ Spicytasty, I get the thin layer by making the batter thinner than usual.

~ Anjali J., Thanks :)