Cooking At Moms: Vegetable Biryani, Butter Chicken & Raita

This time around, I made a much simpler lunch/dinner at mom's. I tried out Aartee's One Pot Biryani which turned out to be almost too easy for how good it was! I didn't use chicken, instead I used some mixed, frozen veggies. I also made Butter Chicken and Raita, which consisted of a bunch of spring onions, loads of cilantro, some mint, salt, sugar and black pepper. I also had some pita breads on hand, because I feel you can't eat Butter Chicken without some sort of bread.

I also tried Bong Mom's Condensed Milk Pound Cake with Chocolate Swirls. I mixed the chocolate swirls with some condensed milk that was leftover in the can and although my cake seemed to sink in the middle, it turned into a dense, pudding consistency and the taste was amazing. We couldn't stop eating it!

Later that day, Chelsea was found eating the left over remnants of butter chicken with cold, hardened bread... She really can't get enough of her favorite Butter Chicken :)



~ Any housewife, no matter how large her family, can always get some time to be alone by doing the dishes ~

~ To be content with little is difficult, to be content with much, impossible ~

~ Life lived to satisfy yourself never satisfies anybody ~

24 comments:

Finla said...

Just saw the cake there 2 days back and you made them. Love the whole meal you prepared in your moms place, you can come onver and cook for me anytime if it is like this.

Preeti Kashyap said...

awesome spread...my fav items!!!

Sushma Mallya said...

wow what a delicious meal,looks wonderful meeso...and i loved the butter chicken recipe,will try your version too soon....

Preeti Kashyap said...

oh btw... I love three quotes below..so very true!

Vrinda said...

Biryani,butter chicken and bread...wow lovely spread...perfect party food...

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a fantastic spread....yummm!

Joie de vivre said...

Everything looks so delicious!

Rachana said...

Biryani and raita looks absolutely great and lovely quotes below:)

Unknown said...

Thank you Meeso for trying out the biriyani!am so happy you liked it

Sunitha said...

I would eat cold hard bread myself with tha butter chicken so I can imagine how Chelsea might have felt. Great set of scrumptious delicacies.

Hayley said...

Delicious and awesome spread!! looks very colourful...hosting an event...plz come and check..

Ria Mathew said...

Delicious spread,Meeso!

SpicyTasty said...

The platter looks delicious and yummy. Butter chicken with roti is an awesome combo. Love t quote mentioned below.

Deepthi Shankar said...

yummy Biryani .. I love it

Namitha said...

What a wonderful meal..

Malar Gandhi said...

Ha ha, eating the left over pictures is so sweet. It happens. Lovey spread of delicacies. wonderful choice, biriyani, butter chicken and nan and raitha...

Cham said...

Oh Meeso- U re enjoying in full swing! Gosh U make me drool all over especially the butter chicken, I would have done the same with my roti :)

Manju said...

Wow!!Wow!! what a feast!!

Di said...

Everything looks delicious! I could go for some of that pound cake right about now! yum, yum, yum!

Nammi said...

Can I come for lunch? Thats one wonderful looking meal

Chitra said...

this looks amazing and what a great idea one pot biryani:)

Laavanya said...

ANother winning meal looks like... :)

Soma said...

My gosh Meeso, that looks like a feast fit for a king. Can I come over? all my favorites here. The butter chicken looks soooo good with perfect color.

Soma(www.ecurry.com)

Madhura Manoj said...

I love butter chicken yum... Following you.