Vegetable Pad Thai


Here's another version of Pad Thai that I made using the same Mae Ploy Pad Thai Sauce. This time I used some different vegetables and less noodles. It is really easy to throw together with the ready made sauce.

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups shredded cabbage
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1 red onion, halved and sliced
  • 1 bunch spring onions, sliced and green parts reserved
  • 2 green chilies
  • handful cauliflower
  • handful broccoli
  • handful bean sprouts
  • handful cilantro, chopped
  • handful roasted peanuts
  • vegetable oil
  • fistful of rice noodles, soaked
  • Pad Thai sauce, to taste

Method:

Heat oil in wok or large skillet on medium high heat. Throw in white parts of spring onions, red onions and green chilies and fry a few minutes until onions break up and start to soften. Add in cabbage and carrots and fry until they start to wilt. Add in cauliflower and broccoli and fry until they start to soften. Now add in the soaked rice noodles and a little water to finish cooking them. When they are soft, add in green parts of green onions and Pad Thai sauce to taste. Garnish with a little more sauce, sprouts, cilantro and peanuts. Enjoy!



26 comments:

Myvegfare said...

That pad thai, looks very interesting, love veggies so much and these kind of things are very interesting to me as my kids would love it.., I should see if I can find a thai sauce here

Perspectivemedley said...

Lovely pad thai:)looks delicious and yummmy!!.. how to make the pad thai sauce at home??.. or shud we buy it in stores

Dori said...

~ Thanks, Jayasri!

~ Thanks, Devi... I used Mae Ploy's Pad Thai sauce which is ready to use right from the jar and It's really good but I'm planning on making some homemade soon :)

Ranjani said...

I've never made pad thai at home, now that you posted the recipe I might need to convince my husband to make it:)

Cham said...

Veggie pad very tempting dish! Never did at home!

Anonymous said...

My mother loves veggies so much. I think she will really like this.
dining room table

Priya Suresh said...

Pad thai, my most favourite thai dish, yet to try at home...Mouthwatering dish..

Sarah Naveen said...

wow!!! Looks so deilcious...I love thai food..

Deepthi Shankar said...

pad thai looks great

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

looks so wonderful!! n with lots of veggies it is so nutritious!!
Renuka
http://cookingyummy.blogspot.com/

Namitha said...

This looks very tempting..Never tried to make this at home..You are inspiring to do so..Thanks Meeso :-)

Mediterranean Turkish Cook said...

It does sound easy to make. It looks really good Meeso!

Nammi said...

looks yumm,

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Looks delcious!!!... love chinese and thai recipes.

Unknown said...

A filling meal with noodles,I like pad thai :D

ARUNA said...

That's a lovely Pad thai.....looks delicious!

Preeti Kashyap said...

Wow! looks delicious meeso, i simply love pad thai but so apprehensive to make it as I never can decide on the sauce. Will surely try your recipe.

Hayley said...

love pad thai...looks so delicious and intresting...:))

Bong Mom said...

Meeso

I am so sorry if my post brought back any bad memories. Hugs to you and your Mom

Dori said...

Oh, no... It is OK! It's better to put this stuff in the open so it can be dealt with and stopped... It's good to post these, and have everyone talk about them!

Sook said...

I absolutely love Thai food! This sounds and looks delicious!

Bharathy said...

I have never tried this one, Meeso :)..My tummy is full...still my mouth waters!...:)

M D said...

I am a first timer to your site. I liked it! Will keep visiting again for sure!

Laavanya said...

Wow.. that looks awesome. Wonder if I can find the sauce.. i usually make it at home.

Rohini said...

That look simply yum! :)

Arabic Bites said...

I bookmark every recipe in your blog to try & this one is not exception...
looks so yummy with cabbage :D