This recipe was adapted from Real Thai Recipes, but I did make a few changes. This was very fast and easy!
- 1 large chicken breast, cut up or sliced
- 1 small eggplant, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. white pepper powder
- 3 tsp. fish sauce
- few tablespoons oil, adding more if necessary
- bunch of green/spring onions, sliced. Separate the upper green parts from bottom white and semi-white parts.
Heat the oil in a skillet until very hot. Add garlic and white/whitish parts of green onions and saute until the garlic turns very light brown. Add the eggplant until it starts to turn brown, adding extra oil if needed, then add the chicken. Cook until the chicken turns white, then add the sugar, fish sauce, and pepper. Fry until the sauces begins to caramelize. Add in the green parts of onions, remove from heat, and serve with rice or noodles.