Here is another Betty Crocker recipe... It was super simple and easy to make on a weeknight when I was tired and didn't want to use a lot of cooking dishes and wanted something fast... My daughter loved it and has been asking for me to make it again every night since she had it. I served it with some salted egg noodles and prepared egg rolls.
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (I use a 1/4 tsp. bullion granules in 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tbs. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 medium red (I used orange) bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Mix broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne.
- Heat wok or 12 inch skillet over high heat. Add oil, rotate to coat side of wok. Add chicken, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add bell pepper to wok; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture to wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Stir in peanuts. Garnish with green onions.